Friday 3 October 2014

How come you ask us to come at 9am and you come at 10?

Schedule and Order....

How come you ask us to come at 9am and you come at 10?

This was asked by an employee with Autism to his boss; the boss may have gotten annoyed but as the staff was oriented towards the modalities of these individuals, the statement was taken easy.

Does it not make us learn a lesson?

Yes, it does!

Also, this liking for order could be used as a strategy to teach concepts.

I would like to share my own experience...

When my son was only a six year old child, he was asked to get his Q&A done as the homework. He needed my help.

To answer one of the questions, I wrote the answer on a line, reached till the end and made a spelling mistake, cut the word and wrote on the top of the cut word and continued till the answer was complete.

My son did exactly the same.

Lesson learnt- The educator or the parent must be thorough in his or her method of teaching or training.

No comments:

Post a Comment